Sponsored Post: Microsoft , Librato, Surge, Redis Labs, Jut.io, VoltDB, Datadog, MongoDB, SignalFx, InMemory.Net, Couchbase, VividCortex, MemSQL, Scalyr, AiScaler, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Microsoft’s Visual Studio Online team is building the next generation of software development tools in the cloud out in Durham, North Carolina. Come help us build innovative workflows around Git and continuous deployment, help solve the Git scale problem or help us build a best-in-class web experience. Learn more and apply.
- VoltDB's in-memory SQL database combines streaming analytics with transaction processing in a single, horizontal scale-out platform. Customers use VoltDB to build applications that process streaming data the instant it arrives to make immediate, per-event, context-aware decisions. If you want to join our ground-breaking engineering team and make a real impact, apply here.
- At Scalyr, we're analyzing multi-gigabyte server logs in a fraction of a second. That requires serious innovation in every part of the technology stack, from frontend to backend. Help us push the envelope on low-latency browser applications, high-speed data processing, and reliable distributed systems. Help extract meaningful data from live servers and present it to users in meaningful ways. At Scalyr, you’ll learn new things, and invent a few of your own. Learn more and apply.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
Surge 2015. Want to mingle with some of the leading practitioners in the scalability, performance, and web operations space? Looking for a conference that isn't just about pitching you highly polished success stories, but that actually puts an emphasis on learning from real world experiences, including failures? Surge is the conference for you.
- Your event could be here. How cool is that?
Cool Products and Services
- Librato, a SolarWinds Cloud company, is a hosted monitoring platform for real-time operations and performance analytics. Easily add metrics from any source using turnkey solutions such as the AWS Cloudwatch integration, or by leveraging any of over 100 open source collection agents and language bindings. Librato is loved equally by DevOps and data engineers. Start using Librato today. Full-featured and free for 30 days.
- MongoDB Management Made Easy. Gain confidence in your backup strategy. MongoDB Cloud Manager makes protecting your mission critical data easy, without the need for custom backup scripts and storage. Start your 30 day free trial today.
- In a recent benchmark for NoSQL databases on the AWS cloud, Redis Labs Enterprise Cluster's performance had obliterated Couchbase, Cassandra and Aerospike in this real life, write-intensive use case. Full backstage pass and and all the juicy details are available in this downloadable report.
- Real-time correlation across your logs, metrics and events. Jut.io just released its operations data hub into beta and we are already streaming in billions of log, metric and event data points each day. Using our streaming analytics platform, you can get real-time monitoring of your application performance, deep troubleshooting, and even product analytics. We allow you to easily aggregate logs and metrics by micro-service, calculate percentiles and moving window averages, forecast anomalies, and create interactive views for your whole organization. Try it for free, at any scale.
- In a recent benchmark conducted on Google Compute Engine, Couchbase Server 3.0 outperformed Cassandra by 6x in resource efficiency and price/performance. The benchmark sustained over 1 million writes per second using only one-sixth as many nodes and one-third as many cores as Cassandra, resulting in 83% lower cost than Cassandra. Download Now.
- Datadog is a monitoring service for scaling cloud infrastructures that bridges together data from servers, databases, apps and other tools. Datadog provides Dev and Ops teams with insights from their cloud environments that keep applications running smoothly. Datadog is available for a 14 day free trial at datadoghq.com.
- Turn chaotic logs and metrics into actionable data. Scalyr replaces all your tools for monitoring and analyzing logs and system metrics. Imagine being able to pinpoint and resolve operations issues without juggling multiple tools and tabs. Get visibility into your production systems: log aggregation, server metrics, monitoring, intelligent alerting, dashboards, and more. Trusted by companies like Codecademy and InsideSales. Learn more and get started with an easy 2-minute setup. Or see how Scalyr is different if you're looking for a Splunk alternative or Sumo Logic alternative.
- SignalFx: just launched an advanced monitoring platform for modern applications that's already processing 10s of billions of data points per day. SignalFx lets you create custom analytics pipelines on metrics data collected from thousands or more sources to create meaningful aggregations--such as percentiles, moving averages and growth rates--within seconds of receiving data. Start a free 30-day trial!
- InMemory.Net provides a Dot Net native in memory database for analysing large amounts of data. It runs natively on .Net, and provides a native .Net, COM & ODBC apis for integration. It also has an easy to use language for importing data, and supports standard SQL for querying data. http://InMemory.Net
- VividCortex goes beyond monitoring and measures the system's work on your MySQL and PostgreSQL servers, providing unparalleled insight and query-level analysis. This unique approach ultimately enables your team to work more effectively, ship more often, and delight more customers.
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Also available on Amazon Web Services. Free instant trial, 2 hours of FREE deployment support, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...