Sponsored Post: Spotify, Telenor Digital, Kinsta, Aerospike, InMemory.Net, VividCortex, MemSQL, Scalyr, AiScaler, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
Site Reliability Engineer Manager. We at Spotify are looking for an engineering leader (Chapter Lead) to manage the NYC part of the Site Reliability Engineering team. This team works with the infrastructure that powers the music service used by millions of users, built by hundreds of engineers. We create tools, develop infrastructure, and teach good practices to help Spotify engineers move faster. As a Chapter Lead your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing valuable work, performing well, and generally having a great time at Spotify. Read more and apply here
Site Reliability Engineer. Spotify SREs design, code, and operate tools and systems to reduce the amount of time and effort necessary for our engineers to scale the world’s best music streaming product to 40 million users. We are strong believers in engineering teams taking operational responsibility for their products and work hard to support them in this. We work closely with engineers to advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues. Read more and apply here
Backend Engineer. We at Spotify are looking for senior backend engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Read more and apply here
Security Engineer. The security team at Spotify is a distributed team supporting autonomous development teams with a focus on raising security awareness, sharing responsibility, and building tools. We aim to constantly improve the security posture for our fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment in a manner that will keep up with our scale. We’re knowledgeable in many domains of security and are willing to teach (and learn) from anyone at the company. Read more and apply here
Data Architect. You will be a key figure in a rapidly growing team, where the role will highly depend on you. You must have extensive experience in Cloud Computing and AWS and deeply understand databases and/or Information Architecture (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.). And if you also know your way in the Hadoop ecosystem (including Spark and HDFS), Kafka, Cassandra and other big data technologies, this will be more than enough. You have an understanding of how to structure the data sources and data feeds of the Data Insights big data solution, plan for integration and maintenance of the data as well as have an eye on the logical design and on how the data flows through the different stages. Please apply here at Telenor Digital.
Data Engineers. You know Java, and possibly Clojure or Scala, are effective in a Linux terminal (shell scripting, configuration files, etc.), have experience with some SQL database, preferably PostgreSQL, have experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch. You enjoy automating things and building systems. Machine learning experience is considered a plus, and Continuous Integration + delivery is important to you, and writing tests a given. You are humble and passionate; you like to listen and can understand the viewpoints of others and strive to be a good dialog partner, but you can focus on delivery once a direction is decided. Please apply here at Telenor Digital.
- Software Engineer (DevOps). You are one of those rare engineers who loves to tinker with distributed systems at high scale. You know how to build these from scratch, and how to take a system that has reached a scalability limit and break through that barrier to new heights. You are a hands on doer, a code doctor, who loves to get something done the right way. You love designing clean APIs, data models, code structures and system architectures, but retain the humility to learn from others who see things differently. Apply to AppDynamics
- Software Engineer (C++). You will be responsible for building everything from proof-of-concepts and usability prototypes to deployment- quality code. You should have at least 1+ years of experience developing C++ libraries and APIs, and be comfortable with daily code submissions, delivering projects in short time frames, multi-tasking, handling interrupts, and collaborating with team members. Apply to AppDynamics
Fun and Informative Events
- Discover the secrets of scalability in IT. The cream of the Amsterdam and Berlin tech scene are coming together during TechSummit, hosted by LeaseWeb for a great day of tech talk. Find out how to build systems that will cope with constant change and create agile, successful businesses. Speakers from SoundCloud, Fugue, Google, Docker and other leading tech companies will share tips, techniques and the latest trends in a day of interactive presentations. But hurry. Tickets are limited and going fast! No wonder, since they are only €25 including lunch and beer.
- NoSQL Databases & Docker Containers: From Development to Deployment. What is Docker and why is it important to Developers, Admins and DevOps when they are using a NoSQL database? Find out in this on-demand webinar by Alvin Richards, VP of Product at Aerospike, the enterprise-grade NoSQL database. The video includes a demo showcasing the core Docker components (Machine, Engine, Swarm and Compose) and integration with Aerospike. See how much simpler Docker can make building and deploying multi-node, Aerospike-based applications!
Cool Products and Services
- Kinsta provides high speed, automatically scalable managed WordPress hosting services for businesses large and small. All servers run on Google Cloud and all individual sites are completely compartmentalized using the latest LXD technology. All sites include powerful SSH access and tools like Git and WP-CLI are available out-of-the-box.
- Turn chaotic logs and metrics into actionable data. Scalyr is a tool your entire team will love. Get visibility into your production issues without juggling multiple tools and tabs. Loved and used by teams at Codecademy, ReturnPath, and InsideSales. Learn more today or see why Scalyr is a great alternative to Splunk.
- InMemory.Net provides a Dot Net native in memory database for analysing large amounts of data. It runs natively on .Net, and provides a native .Net, COM & ODBC apis for integration. It also has an easy to use language for importing data, and supports standard SQL for querying data. http://InMemory.Net
- VividCortex measures your database servers’ work (queries), not just global counters. If you’re not monitoring query performance at a deep level, you’re missing opportunities to boost availability, turbocharge performance, ship better code faster, and ultimately delight more customers. VividCortex is a next-generation SaaS platform that helps you find and eliminate database performance problems at scale.
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Also available on Amazon Web Services. Free instant trial, 2 hours of FREE deployment support, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below...